Emma Davies RGN
A Registered General Nurse with over 30 years nursing experience. Emma has specialised in Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Medicine since 1998 and is qualified and registered to prescribe prescription only medicines, such as Botox, in this field.
Emma works full time as a Cosmetic Nurse Specialist . She is a recognised expert in the field and provides training for nurses and doctors entering this speciality.
Emma is qualified and experienced in a wide range of treatments and updates regularly, attending workshops, master classes and conferences to keep abreast of this rapidly changing field and ensure the treatments being offered are the best available.
In addition to her clinical work Emma is founder member and past Chair of The British Association of Cosmetic Nurses www.cosmeticnurses.org (2010-2014), which has won ‘Best Association’ by Cosmetic News Magazine, 2010, 2011, 2012, and again 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016!
Her other achievements and work in the field of aesthetics include;
- Founder member and Secretary of The British Association of Sclerotherapists www.bassclerotherapy.com 2003-2010,
- Lead trainer for Veincare Training http://www.veincaretraining.co.uk/,
- Elected Committee member of The Royal College of Nursing Aesthetic Nurses Forum
- Co-author of,’ Standards of Competency and Practice for Aesthetic Nurses’, accredited by the Royal College of Nursing
- Member of The Curriculum Development Committee for Greenwich University Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine 1994-2009,
- Consulting editor of Aesthetic Medicine Magazine 2004-2007.
- Awarded by Cosmetic News Awards, ‘Contribution to Industry’ and Best Aesthetic Nurse 2012
- Featured in Tattler Magazine as one of The UKs best cosmetic nurses, 2015.
- She is a regular contributor to magazines and journals in the trade press, and an invited speaker at conferences and events in the cosmetic industry.
” I aim to provide a professional, yet friendly service, treating each client as an individual and conducting thorough, unhurried consultations. These enable the client to be well informed and ensure that the treatment they receive is the most appropriate to meet their needs and expectations. No hard sell, no blinding with science. I feel this approach fosters trust in my knowledge and experience as a practitioner and lends itself to a high level of client satisfaction. A loyal client base and a sound reputation can only be achieved when my clients have had a positive experience and are pleased with the result. ”Emma Davies, RGN, Nurse Independent Prescriber. RN NIP.