Post treatment advice for Ulthera
- You may return to normal activities immediately. Any redness or flushing should resolve within a few hours
- It is not uncommon to experience slight swelling/lumps for a few days following the procedure
- The area may feel tender to touch/tingly for weeks following the procedure, but these side effects are mild and temporary in nature
- Occasional temporary effects including bruising or welts which resolve in days or numbness in a select area which resolves in weeks
- As with any medical procedure there are risks associated with the treatment. There is a remote risk of a burn that may or may not lead to scarring, which will respond to medical care, or temporary nerve injury which will resolve in weeks
- Results can take 3-6 months to achieve
Post treatment advice for Endovenus Short Wave Diathermy
- Post treatment the area may feel warm / sensitive
- The treated area may crust over, blister or form a scab. Avoid picking to prevent scarring
- Expect treated areas to be swollen, red and itchy for 24-36 hours
- Avoid makeup / irritating skin products post treatment
- A cold compress can be applied on painful or swollen areas
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 7 days post treatment
- SPF is strongly recommended post treatment to reduce unwanted side effects, in addition to a comprehensive skin care range
- If further treatment is required this can be performed after 4 weeks
Post treatment advice for IPL
- Redness, swelling, sunburn sensation is normal and usually subsides within 3-5 days
- Applying a cold compress to treated areas can help soothe if needed
- Bruising can occur, more commonly during treatment for broken capillaries
- It is important to avoid sun exposure for at least 3 weeks after treatment
- Its essential to apply SPF daily throughout your course
- Treatment for pigmentation may result in flaking skin which should not be touched
- Mineral powder makeup may be worn once heat has dispersed from the skin
- No excessive exercise / steam treatments / saunas for 48 hours post treatment
Post treatment advice for Peels & Microdermabration
- Your skin may feel slightly tight and pink in colour for the first 24-48 hours
- You may experience some dryness and slight peeling, areas that peel may darken before flaking off. Peeling areas must not be picked at
- Essential to apply SPF 30 daily (even when raining and overcast) during your course. Your skin may become photosensitive & more prone to environmental damage. Daily SPF will help prevent any pigment changes
- Sunbed sessions are to be avoided during your course and for 6 weeks after your last treatment
- Allergic reactions & infections are very rare & would occur within 24 hours of the treatment. It is Important to follow post treatment advice to avoid infections
- Avoid heat based treatments i.e steam, saunas for 24-48 hours
- Avoid excessive exercise for 24 hours
Post treatment advice for Micro-Needling
- The treated area may feel tender to the touch for a few hours
- Some redness, swelling or sunburn sensation is normal and usually subsides within a few hours
- Application of SPF is essential
- Do not rub the treated area until the redness dissipates
- Avoid Makeup until and redness has settled
- Results can not be judged for the first 12 weeks and the skin will continue to improve for up to 9 months
- A course of 3-6 treatments and annual top up treatments are recommended
- No excessive exercise / or extremes of heat until redness has settled
Post treatment advice for Obagi Nuderm System
- Obagi Nuderm is a prescription strength FDA approved skin health transformation system combining Hydroquinone and Tretinoin
- It is vital that the products are applied as instructed by your practioner – avoiding the eye area
- Obagi Nuderm can cause itching, dryness, flaking and heightened sensitivity – this is normal
- If skin is irritated / flaking. Avoid picking the area to prevent scarring
- Obagi vitamin C serum can be purchased to alleviate these symptoms
- Only mineral makeup should be applied whist using Obagi Nuderm
- Sun protection (SPF) is essential whilst using Obagi Nuderm, even during winter months to prevent unwanted side effects such as pigmentation
- Visiting your practioner at regular intervals is advisable
Post treatment advice for Skin Tag removal
- The treatment area may feel warm/hot. We would advise avoiding strenuous activity for 24hrs until any residual heat has dispersed.
- Superficial scabbing can occur at the treatment site, this is a normal healing response. Any scabbing should not be picked to avoid damaging the skin
- This treatment will not stop you producing more skin tags in the future and can be repeated on any new skin tags if needed.
- We would advise not applying deodorant if having treatment to the under arm region for 24hrs after treatment to avoid causing irritation.
- Any swelling or redness in the treated areas will settle. Keeping the area cool will help to ease this.
Post treatment advice for Dermal Fillers
- Following cheek and lip treatment there will be some swelling at first
- Any marks caused by the injections should disappear within a few hours or within the first few days
- Any bruises or swelling that may occur generally settles within the first week
- Avoid vigorous exercise for 48 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 48 hours
- Do not apply makeup for 4 hours
- We advise against facial treatment i.e facial / facial massage for 2 weeks
- Avoid sun exposure and saunas for 2 weeks
- Results last from 3-9 months
- Arnica cream is helpful to speed up the fading of a bruise
- You may feel the product, it may feel uneven or bumpy. You may massage any lumps that concern you
Post treatment advice for Botulinum Toxin-A
- Any bumps / marks caused by the injection should disappear within a few hours
- You may continue to use all facial muscles as normal but please avoid extreme facial expressions
- Do not rub / massage the treated area for 48 hours post treatment
- Do not exercise or lie down for 4 hours post treatment
- Avoid makeup for 2 hours
- No facial treatment i.e facial / facial massage for 2 weeks
- Avoid sun exposure and saunas for 2 weeks
- Treatment usually starts to work from day 2 or 3 but may take up to 14 days to take full effect
- Attend the clinic for review 2 or 3 weeks after treatment
- Treatment may last for approx. 3 months but varies from person to person
Post treatment advice for Soprano SHR Laser Hair Removal
- Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and swelling at the treatment area, this may feel like mild sunburn
- The application of iced water during the first few hours after treatment will reduce any discomfort.
- The application of aloe vera gel can continue at home
- Makeup may be used a few hours after the treatment unless there is epidermal blistering.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation. Use sunscreen SPF 30 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal treatment methods (waxing, electrolysis or tweezing) that will disturb the hair follicle at the treatment area for 4-6 weeks after treatment. Shaving or depilatories may be used.
- Hair regrowth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for AT LEAST three weeks after treatment.
- Anywhere from 5-19 days after the treatment, shedding of the surface hair may occur and this appears as new hair growth. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean and remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or Loofa sponge.
- After the underarms are treated, use a powder, instead of deodorant, for 24 hours after the treatment to reduce skin irritation.
- Avoid hot baths and heat treatments and treat the skin gently, as if you had sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
Post treatment advice for Fraxel:repair
Wound Care Regime
You will be given:
Dry gauze, Gallipots, Vinegar water, Vaseline and Moisturizing cream
Post treatment skin care regime for the first week
Please follow the instructions as below:
Very Important: Please wash your hands before cleansing treated area
1. Do not shower the face and neck for 48 hours after the procedure and follow the wound care instructions.
2. Please hand wash thoroughly before you touch the treated area to help prevent infection.
3. Please sleep with your head elevated for the first few nights, as this helps to reduce any swelling.
4. for the first 3 days only, if you have any facial swelling you may apply an ice packs or something similar i.e. frozen peas wrapped in a soft cloth first, to help reduce the swelling. You may apply the ice pack every hour (if needed) but only for a maximum of 10 minutes each time.
5. For any discomfort please take Paracetamol tablets x 2, every 4-6 hours. Do not take more than 8 in a 24 hour period.
6. Remember to complete you antibiotic and antiviral course as prescribed.
7. Please call us if you experience any one of the following:
- Pain that is not relieved by Paracetamol.
- Excessive redness, swelling, bleeding, and/or scab formation.
- Excessive itching, especially when accompanied by sign of infection.
- Signs of infection include a whitish to yellowish film on the treated area that may have an odour, occasionally with a mild fever.
Wound care instructions
From treatment date to second day, cleanse treated area 2-4 hourly with the vinegar water and apply the vaseline ointment.
From the second day, cleanse treated area 4 hourly and apply the Cetaphil moisturizing cream.
1. Wash hands thoroughly with soap, rinse and dry before each wound care session
2. Please use one hand to retrieve the damp gauze from the galipot then transfer the gauze to your other hand to wipe over the treated area.
3. Apply the damp gauze to your skin and gentle wipe-off any oozing or bleeding.
- Make sure that the damp gauze is gentle wiped over the whole of your face, so the vinegar water can act as a cleanser and promote healing.
- Use a dry swab to pat the skin dry.
- Always apply the Vaseline/moisturizing cream generously over entire treated area after each cleansing.
4. After one week and your skin has fully peeled and healed then you may use your own skin care regime
- Please do not apply any Vitamin A or fruit acid ingredients until seen by your practitioner at your review
A daily SPF 50 (Heliocare SPF 50) sunscreen must be applied daily for the next six months.
- For advice on a good quality skin care regime to continue the skin’s rejunevation process please do not hesitate to ask.
Following the Local anaeasthetic and medication that we give you may feel a little drowsy for the rest of the day- we recommend that someone is with you for the first 24hours.
- Consuming alcohol for the first 48 hours is also not recommended.